Nalladhohr veenai seidhe - adhai nalam keda puzhudhiyil yerivadhundo?
Solladi Sivasakthi! - Yenai sudarmigum arivudan padaithuvittaai
To condemn a veena skillfully made - Is it wise - to the doom of negligence? Speak out Goddess - you have created me with sparkling intelligence...
Vallamai thaaraayo, indha maanilam payanura vaazhvadharkke?
To condemn a veena skillfully made - Is it wise - to the doom of negligence? Speak out Goddess - you have created me with sparkling intelligence...
Vallamai thaaraayo, indha maanilam payanura vaazhvadharkke?
Solladi Sivasakthi! - Nila sumayena vaazhndhida puriguvayo?
Won't you give me the ability, to live a life beneficial to this society? Tell me - Would you make me a burden to this land, rather be?
Visaiyuru pandhinai pol - ullam vendiya padi sellum udal ketten,
Won't you give me the ability, to live a life beneficial to this society? Tell me - Would you make me a burden to this land, rather be?
Visaiyuru pandhinai pol - ullam vendiya padi sellum udal ketten,
Nasaiyaru manam ketten - Nitham navamena sudar tharum uyir ketten...
I ask for a body that propels to my heart's will, - an accelerated projectile to mime.. I ask for a clean mind and a pure soul that glows anew every instant of time...
Thasayinai thee sudinum - Siva sakthiyai paadum nal agam ketten,
I ask for a body that propels to my heart's will, - an accelerated projectile to mime.. I ask for a clean mind and a pure soul that glows anew every instant of time...
Thasayinai thee sudinum - Siva sakthiyai paadum nal agam ketten,
Asaivaru madhi ketten, ivai arulvadhil unakkedhum thadaiyuladho?
Though flames should finger my skin, I seek an inner self that can sing in your praise. I ask for unwavering astuteness - Do you hesitate to grant me these?
--An orison by Subramania Bharathi
Though flames should finger my skin, I seek an inner self that can sing in your praise. I ask for unwavering astuteness - Do you hesitate to grant me these?
--An orison by Subramania Bharathi

No comments:
Post a Comment