I seldom do things am asked to do. This post being an exception to the rule. If anyone complains that I never listened to them and is jealous of the lousy bum (apart from Anna) who MADE me do something do yourself a favour and kick Captain Max Gonzalez's arse.
Two glad weeks and followed by two sad weeks, they call it the cycle of life. Two glad weeks over and since yesterday began my saga over sad weeks. No two days are the same. Neither was today. Today was different. Painfully different. After a horrible night’s disturbing, half baked sleep, I reluctantly pulled myself out of the bed… Just one of those I-don’t-feel-good-today kinda days… Uthu and Shivani had just one phrase to sum it (or dismiss it) all up: PMS. Oh well! That’s a smart way to brush off someone’s bitter thoughts and console them with a Bar One (not that I mind actually!) without having to pay any serious heed to their gloomy depressed faces and whines.
Have slipped back into the “World-is-taking-me-for-granted” mode. And to think of it, am not very wrong you know… the world IS taking me for granted. People betray and how! They have one extremely convenient excuse – “Oh! I’m sorry! I forgot!” No dammit! You don’t forget, you decide NOT to return a favour and very deliberately so. Am not even penning a half of the cynicism am feeling now. Hopefully saving grace in the form of Captain Captain Max Gonzalez never happened in the past two days.
A note to Captain Max Gonzalez:
Angelic side of Ms Iyer: No honey! Don’t feel bad, I know you were very tied up. Thank you very much for giving me the much needed vent out in the telephonic conversation.
Devil’s Advocate of Ms. Iyer (May her tribe increase!): ROT ROT ROT in the miserable guilt of not meeting me when I needed you.
My mommy is getting worse by the day! This evening we had a bitter fight. She commented I don’t eat well and a complained that if she cooked well I would have been fatter than my bro. then came all the dialogues Sun TV puts in her head. “Yenakku idhuvum vennum innumum vennum. Onakku poi samachu podaraen paaru…yada yada yada!” (Roughly translates to : I need this and more. I cook for such a thankless being yada yada yada!) You get the idea… not yet?? Here’s more:
Every other person: “Hey! You’re graduating now… What next??”
Me: Grrrrrrrrr… I DUNNO.
I really DUNNO.
I wish I knew though.
Some pretty souls: “Hey! You are CATting? How did it go?? Cleared? Cracked an IIM?”
Me: (I’d rather have cracked my skull!!) Ha. NO. I quit. 2 years ago. **snap**
My older cousins: “Work and then do your MBA.. You can get the best out of it, only then. BTW, I have saved my IMS notes (some 12 years old!) JUST for you”
Me: Okay, brother, sister. Point noted. Hope termites have spared the notes!
Amma, Appa: “You will get NOWHERE with your B.A. Study now, or never.”
Me: Umm…. I’ll try ma.. I’ll try pa.. I will. I will.
MJ -- **ponder** **pondering**
Random people: MJ???????? What’s thaaaaaaaaaaat?
Me: Uh… it’s called Masters in Journalism. I intend specializing in Broadcast Media.
Random people: Ohhhh! **giggles**
Me: **wearing a ‘what’s so funny’ look**
Orkut friends: Hey! Wassup with your writing “career”?
Me: Dude! I don’t have one yet. I wish I did, though!
**Arrrrrgh**
Coll friends: You can write… You’re settled.. What will I do?
Me: Do you REALLY think I’m “settled”?!?!?! **blink blink**
Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, Oldies, Youngies: How was CAT?
Me: Next question, please!
Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, Oldies, Youngies: How was XAT?
Me: **eyes rolling** Don’t you get it??? NEXT QUESTION PLEASE!!
The yo-people: Oi! Write gmat, go abroad and study na!
Me: hehe. You’ll gimme money???!
**now should I laugh or should I cry?**
Me to ALL: dear everyone, thanks for showering concern… Lemme think in isolation and figure out what I wanna do… and when I decide, I’ll tell you..
Until then, leave me alone, will you?!
Its gonna be sad weeks now. No! Don’t refute it, I know for a fact that it will be sad. Let it be. A Large Pitcher of Chilled Beer for me please!

3 comments:
Rajeswari Iyer! I envy you...the purest form of envy born out of jealousy,born out of a genuine love ofyour talent and the lack of mine!
You come out with this brilliant post when you arent even in the mood to write. Lord save me! Dunno what will you produce when in the 'mood'.
P.S. I hate you.
To Captain Max Gonzalez:
Iyer's reaction: **reads the comment... smiles... notices Captain Max Gonzalez is online and runs to tell him in person what she thought of the comment**
However much you may hate me, I love you very very much for being a wonderfully patient reader and critic, an amazing writer and above all a friend to cherish...
PS: I love you! :)
ha ha ha!!!!
I could recollect my days when i was posed the same question and when i told them i am gonna take up psychology , i was given a whole lot of stares. people said u may go mad being among " those" kind of people, u will start contemplating every move that one makes, Oh u may read my mind, i dont wanna talk to you.
well the story continues.....
Post a Comment