Sunday, February 3, 2008

Simple things in life

I guess I finally gave in. I finally gave in to the temptation of penning down my thoughts and drag my lazy finger to dance upon the keyboard of my Toshiba laptop. And to Archanaa's incessant jibes and cribs over me not updating my blog. Its like I write only for her... And Vaibhav. No one else cares to be as patient as the two of them and read all that I write and wait for more. So if you are reading this and are not Archanaa Namasivayam or Vaibhav Bhatnagar, then please do care to comment to so that I am aware of your existance. And please do comment, a writer wants nothing more than she wants critcs.

Now! What inspired me was truly, the simple things in life I see. Goodness. What emotions it fills me with.

It all began last Monday when I woke up to an empty-silent house (not empty exactly as my dad was around, but silent yes, coz my dad never speaks in the morning before his prayers are over). My mom did not start my day with her bitter-sour-acidic archanai of me not waking up early and what not as she was not in station. Went to college, got my marks in a paper I was expecting to flunk even before I wrote the exam, I stood second in my class!! (I did the paper well though and was very happy with what I had done)
That evening, we went to see the full dress rehearsals of The Beating Retreat. AMAZING!! Everyone must see it once in their life spans.
Tuesday was equally good. Conveniently forgot my cell phone at home and realized what a huge burden that 100 grams instrument in my pocket was adding to my life. Submitted and assignment that was long overdue and extremely happy with it... That evening went with my darling nephew to see the illuminated Rashtrapathi Bhavan. A joy to be with that kid and hear him inform my dad that night that "Ministers work in Parle-G house" (He couldn’t remember Parliament!). He also asked me something that zapped me up. He asked me "If ministers work in Parle-G (Parliament) House then it should be called Parle-G (Parliament) Office. Why is it called House if no one lives there and people go there only to work??" Anyone who has an answer to this may please leave the answer in the comments section.


Wednesdays are the busiest days of the week for me, this one was better. I went for the first class (on time!!) and realized that the old man is not taking the class as he was not well. Second class began and I realized that I lost my cell phone (I took it to college that day as I was expecting some calls). Frantic search and no results!! My classmate suggested that I try calling my cell from his. A strange unknown voice took the call and he was the auto driver of the three wheeler I took that morning to college. He came all the way to college to return the damned thing to me. May his tribe increase!
That evening, I was so tired (of sleeping late every night and getting up early for the first class) that I went home and around 5 pm, I crashed. I got up the next morning at 6!! Zuper, I zay!!
Thursday was not bad either. The day started with an sms from Dr. NRM saying that he'd talk to me after he's back from Dubai. I quickly call him up and he was pleasantly shocked to get a call from me that early in the morning. He then handed over the phone to Mrs. Kala. Talking to Mrs. Kala always makes my day. Nothing to beat it if it's early morning :) I went to college a lil early so that I could meet Ms. Archana and she told me that she has some work for me and has full faith in me that I'd do it well. Now, now! Words like these always put me to try and achieve my best. That day I caught up with some of my favourite juniors and spend some quality time with them. Came home and had some good time with myself.
Came Friday, I got up early to go for one class which was cancelled. On a normal mode I would have sulked and swore the entire day, but this is NEW me you're meeting. Optimum utilization of the day started when I caught up with Uthathya and had some heart filling milkshake and conversation with him. He bought cigs and dropped me at the metro station and there I called up Budha to find out where he was. Turns out that he was very close to the station and came to meet me. Spent some amazing time together catching up on a lot of things after a very very long time indeed. Evening: Nithyasree's soul stirring kutcheri. Came home, had some dinner, listened to Appa's lecture on my "unacceptable" ways of life (ask me if I could have cared more about what he said!!) and wrote a nice review to the concert for my future reference.
Saturday was not as hunky dory as the rest of the week was, but good in its own way. I had two drabby classes which I would have never attended if attendance was not such big issue (magnified some 500 times by Appa). Sat outside the metro station and played with squirrel singing Roz roz daalee daalee some 1500 times over and over again to myself. Came home and rushed to Sudha Raghunathan's concert. Came home, ate and crashed.

To sum it all up, the week was what a dear friend of mine always says as a wish for me:
Wake up happy,
Chase a cloud,
Savor a memory,
Laugh out loud.
Whisper a promise,
Whistle a tune,
Fall asleep with a smile for the moon :)

This day started with Amma's brickbats showering on me even before dawn cracked for me. Will this week be as complete, whole, fulfilling and content as the previous one?? Que sera sera!!

3 comments:

Captain Max Gonzalez said...

hmmm...i see some revisions in the post...some additions!
acknowledgements!!!
I finally got acknowledged for something!!!

Silent Sensations said...

To Captain Max Gonzalez:
Revisions were done within minutes of publishing this blog yesterday for the first time. You HAD to be acknowledged and thanked :)

kavi said...

ha ha ha, to sum it all up, i felt that since u did not recv amma's archanai the week went well... hope amm does nto read this.