Sunday, July 20, 2008

I love thee

Ten fictional characters I wished were real... I fell for each and every one of them as if real.


  1. Arjun: from Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni You know Arjun of the Pandava fame. The book depicted him very nicely…

  2. Amit Chaterjee: from A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth. Tell me now, who doesn't love him!??!??!! And I thought Lata was a huge bad word for rejecting him..

  3. John Galt: from Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. I read Atlas Shrugged at a stretch for a week. I loved him... And his around 50 page speech..

  4. Sirius Black: from the Harry Potter series. A streak of vivacity with a touch of comedy, with tremendous intelligence, coupled with an overdose of rebellion, charm and loyalty, met with a tragic end... I remember I cried like a baby when he dies in the book. For similar (not same!) reasons, I quite fell for Remus Lupin too.

  5. Michael Corleone: He was so much better in my head than AB Junior or Al Pachino

  6. Kane: of Jeffery Archer’s Kane and Abel Fame. To be honest I liked Kane and Abel both a lot… Would love to get my hands on that book again sometime

  7. Charlie: from As the Crow Flies. Hard work pays all the time.

  8. Rhett Butler: of Gone with the Wind fame by Margaret Mitchell. I like him and he is the ultimate dream hero.

  9. Kate Blackwell: Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon. She falls in love with a man forty years her senior, makes him fall in love with her, marries him, doubles her already endless fortunes and manipulates the lives of everyone around her and yet is the most endearing lady you could meet. She is everything I aspire to be.

  10. Swamy: of the Malgudi Days fame. I just cannot seem to get over him!!



Favourite Random Authors

Enid Blyton

J. K. Rowling

Vikram Seth

Ayn Rand

Jane Austen

Salman Rushdie


Maybe not favourite but I read a lot of

Sidney Sheldon

Jeffery Archer

Frederick Forsyth

Arthur Hailey


Authors I downright hated

Danielle Steel – Both, me and Ananth gave her a chance a few times. But she failed us over and over again.

The Mills and Boon Series. I refused to be a part of the crappy romantic series reading genre!! (Kavi!! Wait!! Lemme explain before you kill me on reading this statement!!)

No comments: