Leaves, now crisp now subtle
Appear and disappear in a puddle
Waves of light in water,
grow then fall
upon a wall
And so in nature is contrived
A kaleidoscope of shade and light
A flicker might have caught his eye
He cocks his head, hops closer by
Intrigued is he at the livid show
Speculative even is the curious crow
I watch him and am amused
To see him amazed and bemused
But more amusing still am I
Pretending to act as nature's spy
By watching and musing like the crow
I’m merely playing in nature’s show
In a series of linkages I think I can do more
Elsewhere I'd be different, here I'm number four
In nature's spectacle of intrigue at intrigue
I wonder if it's only I who am wondering at me
Waves of light in water,
grow then fall
upon a wall
And so in nature is contrived
A kaleidoscope of shade and light
A flicker might have caught his eye
He cocks his head, hops closer by
Intrigued is he at the livid show
Speculative even is the curious crow
I watch him and am amused
To see him amazed and bemused
But more amusing still am I
Pretending to act as nature's spy
By watching and musing like the crow
I’m merely playing in nature’s show
In a series of linkages I think I can do more
Elsewhere I'd be different, here I'm number four
In nature's spectacle of intrigue at intrigue
I wonder if it's only I who am wondering at me


No comments:
Post a Comment