Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Nunca antes de experiencia (I have never experienced this before...)

The minute I got out of the theatre after watching "Taare Zameen Par", teary eyed, I spoke to Kavitha and she reiterated what I already wanted to do: write. So before I begin, let me thank Kavitha for pushing me to do this and always being by me for whatever I have always wanted to do. I love you and value you more than ever before after I saw Aamir Khan's role in TZP. Coming back to where I was after watching the movie... As I crudely put to her how I felt (and have refined it now), there are these moments that leave you bereft of words. Moments those stir every emotion in you and form a kaleidoscope of nothingness. It was one such Sunday afternoon, where I was lost in the world of the challenged, breathing every minute of my existence and I watched Taare Zameen Par. (Kudos to Swati!! Awesome expression, I zay!).


I wanted to express what was going through my mind. I was distracted... Somehow nothing else seemed important... the "new year resolutions", "the forthcoming exams", the "goals I set for future", the "socialising"… Nothing was... No one else was...

"Ishaan Awasthi" filled my mind... The young intelligent eight-year old who just wanted to "be”. To "live"... To have "fun" just like any other eight-year old... He enjoyed the essence of life which was playing with his dogs, playing with dirty clothes on, roaming on the roads and just observing people around him, flying kites and like most of us. The only thing Ishaan could not appreciate was reading & writing, the more so called "serious" things in life. But unlike many of us, he could not appreciate any of it not because he did not want to but because he had a genuine problem... Alas! No one around him seemed to understand that... I was so able to relate to that chap. Parents love but fail to express. Trust me Ishaan, every minute I could feel your heart having lived with it for longer than you have.


I learnt a lot from this movie... I realise that anyone who watches this movie will be able to appreciate these special children or simply children in general. They are just "differently" abled and deserve as much attention, recognition, love and joy as anyone else...

To those who have not been introduced to children-world, PLEASE be sensitive... PLEASE learn to care for these little things that come out to the world for our happiness and to make us COMPLETE, all they want from us is LOVE. And that love is priceless. it takes nothing for us to give some time to our children. I know I WILL, whenever I can, whoever’s kid it is... And I hope it would be the same from your side too...

Kudos to special children... And parents who have been blessed with such children... They require special care... And only some people have the right temperament and love to give to these children, and that’s why they have been blessed with a special child...

Do watch this movie… It is worth every minute we dedicate... As in my previous post I gave due credits to the director, producer, actors and the writer, all for now.

2 comments:

kavi said...

well, i really learnt to appreciate my kid's instinct to live in his world, to respect his individuality, his freedom to do things the way he wants, allowed him to express his views and also appreciate and take it in the right spirit. I felt this movie was not for parents of only special children, but i guess as parents of normal children we vry often fail to enjoy our children's little joys and their child talk which actually makes a lot of meaning.. SO parents let loose, dont b highstrung to be a strict disciplinarian.. let ur child live his life.................

Silent Sensations said...

To kavi:
One down! Am so glad that at least one parent has changed for better after TZP.