Friday, January 18, 2008

Baby Spree...

A woman is LUCKY… Even if she’s beaten up everyday and shunned by everyone… She’s still lucky. For there’s one thing She can do, that He cant…

I’ve two happy pregnant women in my vicinity… One of them just delivered – a pretty lil baby girl! :-) So that makes it only one more pregnant woman now... :-P

Ani, Nandu, Kos, his wife and I went over to the hospital today, to see the baby. We stepped in and saw a lil thing eyes tightly closed, hands clasped so tight, sleeping so cozily. She had such tiny hands, legs… And a really tiny nose... Even tinier nails… I watched this lil creation in AWE… and I still cant get over it... I could see her breathe... And she freckled, moved her arms and legs while still fast asleep… I was so tempted to touch her… But my finger looks HUGE in comparison to her... How can babies be so tiny?

I was just so thrilled to watch that lil thing in her own world. She’s just three days old. The joy on everyone’s face there was more than just evident… The grandparents were happy on their newly acquired status. The mother gazed at her creation, her emotions I just can’t express… Daddy (my dear Raul) boy was all excited… saying “thanks” to all the “congrats” t
hat he received from everyone of us. He demands that his baby daughter be called ‘Anshita'…

I keep chatting with the currently pregnant friend of mine… Listening to her describing what she goes through everyday fills me up… This is one of the most amazing creations of Nature… I mean, to have a real living being created inside you… For all that the mother does just to feel the lil creature kicking her….

My mum recollected so fondly those days when she was carrying me… How her life was in a potential danger when she had me and it was a miracle that she survived… How she took care of me when I was just as tiny as ‘Anshita’… To what food I ate… How I crawled… Took my first walk… To how I would not sleep all night and get my Granma to rock the hand-made saree swing… How naughty I was and the tantrums I threw when I we
nt to pre-school and refused to eat… How the only person who could pacify me was my Anna… How I’d eagerly wait for Appa to come back home from office and say “Amma! Appa vandhachu” around a thousand times in one breath… The frocks that I’d loathe wearing… A tomboy that I was ever since…

I KNOW I’ll make a lovely mother… Someday… But... I want to have a baby NOW!! Wait… I’m not married yet…! And I don’t have a man yet!! Oh wait… I don’t even have a job… Uhm... Aren’t I still studying…? And by the way, I’m still not officially allowed to enter a pub and buy myself a drink... which freaking means I’m just TWO DECADES a
nd something olllldddddddddd!!! Snap. The baby will have to wait…!


PS: I shall put up a picture of Anshita, after I get one... until then, here's me with Anna :-)

5 comments:

Archana said...

Well written and its somethin each woman should experience... loved it...

kavi said...

A baby when delivered at an age where in u hv matured mentally, not physically is good for the baby and u. Cos bringing up a little one is no joke..

Anonymous said...

very well written...
way to go woman..waiting for more such good posts :)

Silent Sensations said...

To Archanaa:
Thank you so much dear. I so totally agree...

To Kavi:
You freaked out!!! All your hard work on brain washing me went down the drain when I saw Anshita :)

To Anonymous (who is not so anonymous actually):
Thanks Nazia! Your faith keeps me going...

Captain Max Gonzalez said...

ummm...i think if i say that i can totally understand what you wrote with all the euphoria and teh deep emotions attached with it, it might be construed that im GAY!
For those prone to thinking so,i want to declare that Men do have emotions!!!
As for the pic at the end, who knew that this cute little girl would grow up to become a goondi whom boys will be afraid of!