All my life I have been waiting for people despite being stood up time and again.
It just totally pisses me off when people don't keep up with their words. It’s probably my fault that I expect such a thing out of them. But I don't understand if its too difficult for people to be courteous enough to say they can't for whatever reason it is (like I care).
The worse part is that they think they are courteous even after I hint them and continue to obliviously do the same thing again. The funny part is they even empathize your point without realizing they do the same. I don't expect people to be perfect. But when you realize someone doesn't quite respect your time (for a long time i.e.), you don't feel like honoring theirs. I try not to think that way, but it feels like people just take me for granted.
Only thing I can do is not to expect such a thing from people, which I sadly have not been able to do. Now that time is at premium more than ever, such people are such a turn off.
If you are reading this, don't commit to appointments you can't keep up. And if for some genuine reason you can't be courteous enough to inform. And by the way, appointments are just not restricted to meeting people in person.
Now that I’ve cribbed, I am wondering if I'd ever done the same although I am known to keep up with my appointments. On a philosophical note maybe I did not and am oblivious as much as the defaulters who empathize my point.
My lesson for now - don't expect people to keep up with their words and don't be a fool waiting for them.

1 comment:
I always feel good about appointments kept. They seem to impart order into our lives. This is a virtue to practise for life!
Post a Comment