Sunday, September 30, 2007

Deep breaths and tightened jaw...

Life is weird. Rather like a jack-in-the-box. You never know what it chooses to startle you with. Good stuff, bad shit. They just keep coming. People I thought knew me and loved me inside out, walk away without a word. People whom I thought played a pivotal role in my life, made their exit without looking back a last time. No remorse, they moved on...
Those whose faces I'd never seen, become my best friends over the Internet. Ones I considered temporary became my life support system. Some folks I was waiting to get a break from ended up leaving me in floods of tears when the time to part finally arrived. People surprise me constantly. They walk in and outta lives as they please. They love me, make me laugh, make me cry, shatter me, change me, teach me. I cry for the ones I've lost; ache for the ones I miss; and hang on, scared and alone, waiting for the next time jack springs outta his damned box.

No comments: