Thursday, October 29, 2020

A's Kannamma

It is like the blog is dusted every time I speak/ connect with the doppelgänger. 

Yesterday was a full-on session of random talks/ dreams/ real-life crisis with him. And then he brought it on: Bharathiyar. 13 years ago (when updating this blog and chats with the doppelgänger formed a large part of my universe) we used to talk and discuss Bharathiyar for hours at end. Sometimes all night. 

While Bharathi has always allured me as a poet, it would be fair to say that SAN and the doppelgänger were responsible for me falling heads over heels in love with his poetry. The doppelgänger more so with "Kannamma". The way he would call me "Kannamma" (or "Kanna" alternately) is the closest thing to Bharathi's emotion for the expression, at least in my head. 



Yesterday, "Kannamma" ruled my thoughts for the major part: from Kannamma en kadhali, to Suttum vizhi sudarthaan kannamma, to Chinnanchiru kiliye kannamma, to Kaatru veliyidai kannamma... The doppelgänger put the idea in my head and I found myself connecting with my loves: Kannamma, Bharathiyar, Kalki, Sivagamiyin Sabatham, Mamallar, Vandiyathevar, Kundavai - you get the drift. And while it is not strictly Bharathiyar or Kalki, I found myself connecting with Vairamuthu too. Now I am not really a fan of this guy, but some of his poetry really resonates. For instance, something he said yesterday triggered this one in my head:
Unnodu naan irundhaa ovvoru mani thuliyum
marana padukkaiyilum marakkaadhu, kanmaniyae... 

And I slept peacefully (with some wonderful dreams). 

Thank you, my doppelgänger. For (re)connecting me to myself. Indeed, nee paartha paarvaikku oru nandri

No comments: