I need to find answers in life. Actually I need to find more meaningful questions. I always thought being a journalist was ALL I wanted from life. Well! As Archie said, “You exceeded your expectations but the problem is that you expected really less from yourself.” I came to Chennai to live it up. Fought battles to be where I am, am still fighting to get there. But I don’t know which battle is intrinsic and which ones are extrinsic… I can deal well with the extrinsic ones if the intrinsic battles were sorted.
Getting in touch with my inner self through music. Met people I only dreamt of meeting and who have been guiding forces through my growing years(Ganesh-Kumaresh, Dr Jayanthi Kumaresh, Kadri Gopalnath Mama and the like). People I have grown up admiring. That ways, life has been kind. I get to be in Thapovanam when I want to be.
But my first lesson in Economics was: Human wants are unlimited. Now I want more. I want a job that gives me more. More time, more recognition, more remuneration, more opportunities and most importantly peace of mind. I know that has more to do with my intrinsic battles than the extrinsic ones. But they need to be fought. Kumaresh Anna taught me a fantastic mantra: spending more time with myself. I have been trying that out. I have by friends back. Archu is back to Chennai from TISS. Gowri was here for a brief period. Radhika was here too.
I need to find answers but before that I need to find questions. I need something and I need it NOW. Can you help?
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Questions and Answers
Labels:
Evolving ...,
Perspectives,
Random Thoughts,
Writer's block
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry I came across this post of yours only recently. Of course I want to help. Call me emotional but I believe that one of the reasons for my existence is to be there for cousins like you. Here are my thoughts about some of the lines in your post:
I need to find answers in life. Actually I need to find more meaningful questions. I always thought being a journalist was ALL I wanted from life. Well! As Archie said “I exceeded my expectations but the problem is that I expected really less from myself.”
Sundari: I see this as a motivating statement - a highly pushing one at that.
I came to Chennai to live it up. Fought battles to be where I am, am still fighting to get there. But I don’t know which battle is intrinsic and which ones are extrinsic… I can deal well with the extrinsic ones if the intrinsic battles were sorted.
Sundari: At this point, if your parents are happy with your achievements, you are in good shape. Give yourself a nice pat on the back! And by intrinsic, if you mean your inner mental battles, in my experience, they go on for life.
But my first lesson in Economics was: Human wants are unlimited. Now I want more. I want a job that gives me more. More time, more recognition, more remuneration, more opportunities and most importantly peace of mind.
Sundari: I have gone through your experience. I did not think that human wants are unlimited when I was working. Of course, peace of mind is always welcome:). My suggestion is to take everything with a pinch of salt - family, job, marriage, hobbies. God is the decider. And, life is to be enjoyed! Good luck!
Post a Comment