It has been ages I blogged and eons since I blogged about something that bears even a remote semblance to sanity. There have been no dearth if topics and certainly no writer’s block (I say so since I have been randomly blogging late into the night in my head deprived of a keyboard and internet connection). But this long absence from the blogging world is solely because of work pressure (read: laziness). I have just not been able to get my fingers to dance on the keyboard.
However, when I was travelling back from New Delhi to Chennai after a month long vacation, I grabbed a copy of Femina magazine in the station. It was Women’s Day and seemed an appropriate reason to blog.
I was reading an article on Femina penned down by Lara Dutta. It was titled “My Soul sisters”. She expressed a great deal of sentiments I could relate to. It was about the women in one’s life. Indeed! Where would we be without the core element called ‘girlfriend’ in our lives? They manifest themselves in every thinkable form ranging from mothers, sisters (in-laws inclusive!), cousins, FRIENDS, restroom buddies, chat room pals, teachers, colleagues, in whatever form, they form and undeniable and irrefutable part of our sane existence. Be it for a patient shoulder to cry on after a “domestic fight”, to teaching one how to paint on glass, to recharging phones in an emergency, to sneaking beer on to the terrace for those lovely midnight-under-the-moon parties, to covering up for one’s absence at work, to being a soundboard and a strong shoulder despite their own grief, to just being THERE whether we need them or we don’t…
They don’t judge, they don’t interrupt (unless absolutely essential), they make sure you eat (and drink!), they teach you how to dress (and how not to!), they’re proud of you (even if for a whacky FB status), they just let you BE when you want to.
I love you ladies! For without you, there is no ME!
Tags: Ma, Chinta Athai (actually all my 3 Athais), Paati, Gowri, Radhika, B^2, Kavitha, Sowmya Akka, Sunchi, Sush, Nithya, AA, Archanaa (R and N), Nisha, Pratibha Palimar, Jayanthi akka, Munch, Jan, Anusha, Rashi, Urvashi Sarkar, Minal, Nithila Kanagasabhai, Charlie, MU, Reeta Sharma, Jey, Jayanthi Manni, Jayshri Mami, Gaya Manni and so so many of them I shall keep adding to this list...

No comments:
Post a Comment