I hate cell phones , not much so for their constant buzzing , but for their intrusion into my mail space.
Whatsapp, SMS, missed calls, Picture messages - life seems to revolve around 50 characters on an 5" screen. Agreed, voices are more personal, but the feeling of Inbox(1), Home(1), Him(10) on my welcome screen was a lot more exciting than beep - 1 message... Read.
My grandfather, may his soul rest in peace, would beg to differ, he'll give anything to smell the glue (maida paste) on the envelope , and faded ink letters than read in typeface Times New Roman.
I was 15 when i registered myself at a free mail site. Everyday, I would rush to check my inbox for a soul mate or soul stirring words. When in college, it was the cheapest mode of contact with school friends. When my first job happened, work changed it all. rajeshwari@ndtv.com was full of memos, homeworks (yeah!! thanks to Training!) reminders, why this , why that or simply a call me at..................
I miss mail , I miss typing and scrolling down recipes which my cousin used to send. GOD !!!
Will someone please mail meeeeeeeeee???

No comments:
Post a Comment