Yet another year drifted past,
Leaving behind a collage of memories.
Some smelling like old cheese and some like fallen down debris.
Yet another year awaits, like an unopened bottle of chardonnay.
To give away some unwanted tears, new joys,
Few pickled worries and a reunion of some old fears.

Yet another 365 without any achievements
Almost empty as the pages of a new diary.
Leaving some breathless and some without any breath at all.
While my soul continues to wander aimlessly somewhere
I am here, somewhere within.
Watching the happenings past and present
Waiting hopelessly for new beginnings

2 comments:
what use of blank verse!
Hope this year will be better than the one which is drifting by!
To Captain Max Gonzalez:
Happy New Year!!
Did you know that the New Year Day is called a "Bad Hangover Day" for obvious reasons?? Now come on Vaibhav, don't tell me you don't usually have a hangover. There's no cure for that I tell ya!
OK! I guess I've gone bonkers now!! Before I het madder lemme sign off for now :)
Post a Comment