I brought you home without my dad’s knowledge. I wanted you, needed you… You were the only hope when my life was undergoing a miserable phase. You paved way for me to hold my head high and refrain from begging.
You supported me through the thicks and thins of my life. I ill-treated you, misused you and made fun of you along with my friends. But you, true to your magnanimous self, never took anything to heart and were with me. I got irritated with you, tried to break you, tried to destroy your evidence when I could not find you useful enough. But you always paid a price to all my misgivings and helped me time and again. Many people came into my life and walked away without even as much as a backward glance. But not you. You were always with me.
You had my name embossed on your body.
When I lost you yesterday, I realized how much I needed you… now they will give me a duplicate of yours. How far will I like the duplicate, only time could tell. But one thing for sure: you were the first one for me and like everything first in life (first love, first spouse ;-), first child, first job, first trip…) you, my first ATM card, along with your half-brother, the Metro Smart Card, will always be remembered and missed by me...

2 comments:
hmmm.. good one and though when i began readin i thought "what s this all about and who is this person" but in the end you put a smile on my face..
ha ha ha, thoroughly enjoyed it!! - kavi
Post a Comment