Saturday, October 14, 2006

The first of (hopefully) many to come...

The first times are always memorable. First step, first friend, first kiss, first job, first spouse, first kid...

I got my first pay today :)

I've gotten a fair bit of pocket money in the past in the form of odd-stipends (which also I was very proud of) and prize money from winning presentations and debates in college. But this pay means a little more to me than the others since it came from doing something that I've had my heart set on for a long, long time. The opportunity seemed to appear out of thin air and even though it initially seemed like I'd have trouble doing it, my wonderfully rebellious set of friends talked me into it :)

I'm not sure what I should do, spend it or save it. I'm torn between the two.

But for now, the neat white envelope addressed to "Rajeshwari Ganesan Iyer", bearing the company's name and postal address, lies carefully hidden in a safe place, bringing a smile of quiet, feel-good satisfaction to my face.

Thanks to all you guyz:
Mrs. Kala (Why do u always top the list man?? ;) )
Toshi (This post and the job wouldn’t have been there but for you)
Appa and Amma (For believing in me for a change and saying OK to it…)
And God dear… Thanks! :)

3 comments:

kianein said...

Adolescently refreshing and delightfully crisp ..
Gr8 first blog ..:)

Silent Sensations said...

To Kianein:
:) am glad you liked it :)
Reading it again now made me smile... truly adoloscent :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck:)!